We know that processing donor and fundraiser data is a headache experienced by many charities. That’s why we’ve got together with Anthony Fawkes from Actually Data to give data grants to 10 JustGiving charity members between now and Christmas. Read on for all the details, and apply today by filling in this simple form: http://just.ly/datagrant
What is a data grant?
A data grant gives your charity expert advice from data guru Anthony Fawkes, who has over 10 years’ experience in data-driven marketing (including five years as a Database Marketing Manager for a charity).
Anthony will show you how the JustGiving data app can cut down the time you spend on processing data. He’ll get it up and running, make sure it works with your database and reporting requirements, and give you all the training you need to use the app.
“JustGiving’s data app has helped us cut the time we spent processing data every month from a couple of days to under a couple of hours,” says Linda Williams, Donor Database Officer at Douglas Macmillan Hospice
Why should I apply?
- Apply today and your charity can cut the time you spend on data processing, like Douglas Macmillan Hospice.
- It’s completely free! Anthony works on behalf of JustGiving, which means there’s no cost to your charity.
Can any charity apply for a data grant?
The JustGiving data app uses Microsoft Access and requires you to take a number of simple steps to take data from JustGiving to import into your DRM system. It will be most useful to your charity if you don’t currently have your own automated system in place.
There are a few things you need to be eligible:
- You need to have a database which you use to manage your donors’ and fundraisers’ records.
- You need to be using our custom codes. If you don’t use them at the moment, we can help you set them up.
- You need to be recording the donation against the fundraiser, not the donor.
To apply for a grant, please take a few minutes to fill in this simple application form. The deadline for the first wave of applications is Friday 29th October. We’ll get in touch with the successful charities during the first week of November. In the meantime, if you have any questions about the data grants, please contact Axel Collard on email@example.com.
Don’t forget about our free data workshops
If you have a database but aren’t sure that the JustGiving data app is the right thing for you, you can come to our next data workshop to find out more before applying for a data grant:
- Thursday 25th November: Working with JustGiving data and your charity database
If you don’t have a database, you won’t be able to use the JustGiving data app. However, if you use Excel to manage your donors’ and fundraisers’ records, you can come to our next Excel data workshop for great tips on how to best use Excel:
- Thursday 9th December: Working with JustGiving data and Excel