This weekend, five of the Justgiving team joined hundreds of runners and fundraisers at the London Marathon ‘Meet the Experts’ event. We had a great time meeting people and answering all sorts of questions.
We were there to announce our *new London marathon site* and to present our top 10 fundraising tips for marathon runners, which are:
1. Think about your personal message – turn it into a story.
2. Put a video and extra photos on your page. Keep it up to date so people come back and send it to their friends.
3. Talk to your charity. Find out how your money will help them so you can tell your supporters.
4. Email people in groups and personalise your message. Get generous donations on your page first. Send the email around pay day!
5. Put your page address in your email signature. Use a donate badge.
6. Promote your page with social media tools like Facebook, Flickr and Twitter.
7. Give out your page address on cards – eg Moo minicards.
8. Get your page featured in the local press. Send a press release to your local paper and radio station – include your page address.
9. Send fun reminder emails asking people to donate. Update your page and keep fundraising after the event.
10. Thank people – on your page, in an email, with a card, on your blog, Facebook or Twitter – make them feel good for supporting you!
Check out our Top 10 Fundraising Tips presentation here: [slideshare id=1007141&doc=justgivings-top-10-fundraising-tips-marathon-edition-1234173782774589-1]
Check out a summary of our tips on video.
Check out our Flickr photos from the weekend here.
And lastly, but very importantly, have a look around our *new* London marathon site for daily tips from fundraisers, interviews, competitions and other fun stuff!
If you’d like to be featured on the site, please email your Justgiving page address and any useful info about you to firstname.lastname@example.org