As you step up your training for the big day in London this Sunday, you may not have a lot of time for fundraising, so we thought we put together some really quick top tips for meeting and smashing your targets. Let’s get on with it…
1. Go to your fundraising page and click “Like” or “Recommend” to share with your friends on Facebook. Our stats show that three times as many people are likely to click through to your fundraising page if you add a comment to your “like” – so add a short quirky comment, and try to tag a friend or a page you are a fan of by adding “@” in front of their name. Last month alone about 1/4 of all traffic to JustGiving.com (mostly to your fundraising pages) came from Facebook, amounting to an impressive £2.7million of donations. So it’s worth it, we think!
2. Targeted sponsorship requests to interest groups are more effective than a blanket message to everyone: send 5 messages to specific groups and personalise your message; for example, send separate messages to work colleagues, family, university buddies, your yoga group, or even just people you play poker with regularly!
3. Find out from your charity exactly how donations will help them and explain that to your friends and family. You can do this via email, facebook, or directly on your JustGiving page. People are more likely to give if they know how it’s realistically going to help.
4. If you use emails regularly, put your JustGiving fundraising page link in your email signature with a kind note reminding people you are taking on the London Marathon in a few days!
5. Enter our Race Day competition on our Facebook page JustRunning: all you need is a JustGiving sweatband, a cool photo of yourself with the sweatband at the running event, and enough friends to click “like” on the photo. £375 donations to be won!