Fundraising is officially 24/7. Up and down the country, people are swapping their beds for a charity challenge and fundraising through the night.
If you’re more of a night owl than an early bird, give one of these nocturnal fundraising events a go:
- Dove House Hospice Midnight Walk – Saturday 11th August
This ladies-only event is a six-mile walk through Hull city centre, marina and Victoria Dock.
- Maggie’s Night Hikes – various dates between Friday 7th September and Saturday 6th October
Maggie’s Centres have a few events organised that take place through the night. Two city-based walks are taking place in Glasgow and London, or if you’re feeling really adventurous, there are five different mountainous night hikes to tackle.
- (not the) Midnight Beach Walk – Saturday 8th September
Starting a little earlier than midnight (due to tide times), 800 ladies will be walking along the seafront of Weston-super-Mare to raise money for Weston Hospicecare.
- Midnight Pyjama Walk – Saturday 8th September
Raising money for Princess Alice Hospice and with a pyjama theme, this eight or 12-mile walk takes you across the bridges in Richmond, Kingston and Teddington.
- Cancer Research UK Shine 2012 – Saturday 8th and Saturday 29th September
The Cancer Research UK Shine events are half and full marathons through the streets of Manchester (Saturday 8th September) and London (Saturday 29th September).
A fundraising page for the charity will be automatically set up when you register for the event.
- Acorns Midnight Walk – Saturday 15th September
Hundreds of women will be walking 10km through Birmingham city centre, all to raise funds for Acorns Children’s Hospice Trust.
- The Carrots Nightwalk – Friday 21st September
Starting and finishing at the BFI IMAX in London, the 15-mile route will take in some of the capital’s most iconic buildings, all while raising money for Fight for Sight.
- St Raphael’s Hospice Midnight Memories Walk – Saturday 22nd September
Another event for ladies, this midnight walk for St Raphael’s Hospice is five miles through the streets of North Cheam, London.
- British Heart Foundation Manchester to Blackpool Night Ride – Saturday 29th September
Raising money for the British Heart Foundation, cyclists will 60 miles from the Trafford Centre and finish under the Blackpool Tower.
- Whizz-Kidz Neon Night Walk – Friday 12th October
Get spruced up in your best neon, walk 10 or 20 miles around the streets of London, and meet some of the charity’s amazing young ambassadors.
- St. Christopher’s Midnight Walk – Saturday 13th October
This five-mile walk around Crystal Palace raises money for St Christopher’s Hospice’s Candle Project, which supports bereaved children and young people.
- British Heart Foundation Brighton Midnight Half Marathon – Saturday 27th October
Starting at Brighton pier, this half marathon takes runners though the dark countryside (special markers will guide your way) and through the city centre.
Do you know of any more after-hours fundraising events? Let us know by leaving a comment below.