Android users can now do their fundraising on the go, with JustGiving’s new free app for Android smartphones.
The application makes it easy to stay on top your JustGiving fundraising, even when you’re away from your computer.
To get the new JustGiving app, search for “JustGiving” in the Android marketplace on your phone. It’s completely free to use. All you need is a JustGiving fundraising page (built on www.justgiving.com) and your account login – and you’ll be ready to start fundraising right from your Android phone.
- Update your JustGiving page right from your phone. Show your supporters your latest news. That way they can see you commitment, even when you’re on the go.
- Upload photos straight to your JustGiving page.
- Receive real-time donation alerts. Schedule how often and when you want the app to let you know that someone has made a donation.
- View all donations, with the newest ones highlighted. Know at a glance who has sponsored you, and who you still should ask.
- Use e-mail link up to share your page with people right when you meet them, and with all of the contacts in your phone.
- With the JustGiving thermometer, you can see right from your phone how close you are to hitting your fundraising goal.
How it works
Once you’ve set up your JustGiving page and downloaded the app, just log in on your phone using the same user name and password.
Once you’re logged in to the app’s homepage you can quickly jump to the your fundraising page to see how you’re doing.
It makes the most of your phone’s features, letting you update your JustGiving page on the go with micro-blog style messages.
What’s more, the app shows you who has already donated and lets you share your JustGiving page with your phone’s contact list. (Note: Links contained in this post only work from your Android phone.)
You can even use e-mail link up to share your JustGiving page with people right when you meet them. So there’s no more worrying about forgetting to send e-mails once you’re home!
You can even upload photos directly from your phone. That way, you can update your donors on your progress as much as you’d like – even in the middle of a training run.
Best of all, you can set your phone to receive alerts every time you get a new donation. That’s a nice little pick-me-up…and a regular reminder of the great work you’re doing for charity.
Ready to get the app? Just search “JustGiving” in the Android Marketplace (note: this link only works from your Android phone) and get fundraising on the go today!
Tags: Android, app, fundraising application, Great North Run, Justgiving, JustGiving Android App, JustGiving apps, JustGiving fundraising, justgiving fundraising application, JustGiving mobile, JustGiving technology, JustGiving tools, mobile, mobile fundraising, New to JustGiving, Products, Smartphones