The Foundation for Social Improvement (FSI) is a small UK charity that provides free support services for small charities (classed as any organisation with a turnover under £1.5 million). But they don’t let their size get in the way of organising the largest celebration for small charities during the year, Small Charity Week. Conchita Garcia is the project lead, and here she shares her top picks on what opportunities are available throughout the UK event.
Each June, we open six days of free themed activities for the UK small charity sector to celebrate your amazing work, raise your profile and hopefully help you to raise some funds. This year’s event is taking place between Monday 16th and Saturday 21st June.
The week is open to all UK charitable organisations, even if your area of operations is overseas. We’ve had overseas organisations take part in the past, with some of them winning the chance to raise substantial funds through some of our competitions.
Here’s a snapshot of what we have coming up.
Monday 16th June – I Love Small Charities Day
- On I Love Small Charities Day, we’ll be running two social media competitions for you to win funds for your charity. The FSI are also running a breakfast meeting, providing charities of all sizes with the chance to network with and have a panel discussion with members from high-profile CSR teams.
Tuesday 17th June – Big Advice Day
- Don’t miss out on free advice from experts and business leaders across the sector on Big Advice Day. Advisors giving up their time include members of the JustGiving team, Prostate Cancer UK, funders from a number of trusts and foundations and Charities Aid Foundation to name just a few.
Wednesday 18th June – Policy Day
- On Policy Day, local and national events will be held to support engagement between small charities and policy makers and influencers.
Thursday 19th June – Volunteering Day
- Showcase your volunteering opportunities on Volunteering Day and register for a number of free events, including:
Friday 20th June – Fundraising Day
- Take part in a number of competitions and initiatives on Fundraising Day to raise vital funds for your small charity at no cost. Opportunities include:
- winning the chance to have a fundraising message featured on eBay’s checkout page for the whole week
- joining the Small Charity Week eBay auction to raise funds for your charity
- requesting your fundraising quiz toolkit to run your own event
- winning £10,000 for your charity from eBay by taking part in the My Favourite Charity campaign 2014
- requesting a fundraising licence in your local community.
Saturday 21st June – Celebration Day
- Get involved in Celebration Day by running an event to help raise awareness of and celebrate your amazing work.
We’re calling on all small charities to get involved and engage with the activities available. Check the website now as some deadlines are fast approaching. You can also follow @SCWeek2014 for breaking news.
A range of free downloadable toolkits will be launched during Small Charity Week itself, so don’t forget to keep an eye on our website for more information!
If you’re interested in guest blogging for us, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
And don’t forget to stop by here and let us know what you thought about Small Charities Week!