Build apps for good on our global open platform
Since JustGiving launched 13 years ago, we’ve been finding new ways to connect causes with people who care. With eight million registered users and a million new this year, JustGiving is now the world’s fastest growing social platform for giving. Today we’re opening the door to our platform with the launch of our new global APIs, allowing anyone to build apps that make a difference.
Anyone, anywhere can now build apps for good
Opening up our platform globally is a proud moment for us, because it means that the capacity to develop new apps for good is now virtually unlimited. Anyone with a great idea and development talent, anywhere in the world, can create new apps that make a real difference. Whether you’re a fashion retailer that wants to make it easy for people to add a donation to their shopping cart, or you’re a charity that wants to integrate online fundraising into your event website, our new global APIs allow you to seamlessly connect with our platform. At our #apps4good event on Wednesday we unveiled our new global app centre and highlighted some of the huge brands and charities already developing innovative mash-ups using our APIs, including:
- Tech giant Spotify recently launched its Guilty Pledgers app. It allows fundraisers to receive donations through the creation of shared music playlists.
- Australian charity hearts4heart has created the Million Beats app. It encourages people to get fit through exercise and allows users to donate every time they raise their heart rate.
- Cancer Research UK has built a fully integrated app for its Race for Life event series. It gives fundraisers direct access to their fundraising totals and targets whilst using their mobile.
At the event we also gave a sneak preview of GiveGraph, the engine that will power a lot of the changes coming in the next six months on JustGiving. You’ll hear more about it soon, so watch this space. In the meantime, you can read more about our new global APIs (and a little bit about GiveGraph) in the below presentation:
Getting started with your own app for good
- Check out our global app centre for some inspiring examples of the amazing things people are building on our technology.
- Head over to our developer portal to find out more about our new global APIs and to discuss your ideas.
Share this Post
Get inspiration in your inbox!
Don’t miss out on digital fundraising tips, tools and trends.