Raise More in ‘24 With the Event Fundraising Guide
2024 is already looking to be a busy year for charities, especially when it comes to event fundraising. Whether you’re new to event fundraising or a seasoned pro, it’s the perfect time to get ahead and start planning for the rest of the year.
We’ve put together the Event Fundraising Guide to help you do just that! Our new ultimate toolkit is packed full of insights, best practices, stewardship tips, and tools to help set your charity up for success and boost your event fundraising throughout the year. Here are some of our top takeaways from the guide.
Key Stats for Event Fundraising
- +13% pages created for 2023 vs. 2019
- +15% pages created for 2023 vs. 2022
- +30% more donations for virtual events in 2023 vs. 2022
It’s encouraging to see that most events have returned to pre-pandemic popularity levels.
Running events continue to be the most popular event category (42% of pages created on JustGiving) but walks and treks are increasing in popularity too — something to keep in mind as you plan your event calendar.
It’s no surprise that virtual events dipped post-pandemic, but we’ve seen growth in this area with a 19% year-on-year increase in 2023. This suggests that virtual events will continue to play a role in the future of fundraising.
Planning Your Event
The Event Fundraising Guide covers all the key components of setting up a stellar event campaign on JustGiving and walks you through our step-by-step checklist for creating your event and optimising your timeline.
We recommend working backwards from the scheduled event date and start fundraising as early as possible. By encouraging earlier page creation and activation among your fundraisers, you can avoid the flurry of eleventh-hour activity and go on to raise more for the event overall.
Secrets to Success
Included in the Event Fundraising Guide are several charity stories that outline the steps they took to create successful campaigns. Some top-level best practices to adopt when planning your event include:
- Your existing fundraisers can act as advocates and nano-influencers for your cause and event. Encourage them to share their page on social media as part of a competition and reach new audiences to grow your event. Leverage supporter data from previous events to create look-a-like lists for future outreach.
- Stay in touch with your fundraisers to keep them informed, engaged, and motivated, making sure to congratulate them their training progress as well as fundraising milestones.
- Thank and celebrate your fundraisers and donors throughout the campaign. Integrate this into your communications plan to develop stronger, long-term relationships that could result in new or repeat supporters.
Your Go-To Guide for the Busy Year Ahead
We hope the step-by-step processes and inspirational examples included in the Event Fundraising Guide will help your charity navigate the dynamic landscape of event fundraising in 2024 and beyond.
Download your copy of the Event Fundraising Guide today and start on your charity’s journey towards event fundraising success.
Share this Post
Get inspiration in your inbox!
Don’t miss out on digital fundraising tips, tools and trends.